Applicants will apply under NCA 1-4 or NCA 5-8, depending on their category of:
- Best Civil Engineering Works Contractor
- Best Building Works Contractor
- Best Mechanical Engineering Services Contractor
- Best Electrical Engineering Services Contractor
Best Contractor (Women, Youth and Persons with Disability).
This will be awarded to the contractor who not only qualifies for this category (they must enclose a current Access to Government Procurement Opportunities [AGPO] certificate as evidence) but also attains the highest marks, whether in NCA 1-4 or NCA 5-8.
Overall Contractor of The Year
This will be awarded to the contractor with the highest overall scores, whether in NCA 1-4 or
- Applications will only be accepted from contractors who are duly registered by the National Construction Authority and are of good standing in the professional A copy of the registration certificate as well as the 2019/2020 renewal license must be enclosed.
Applicants must ensure they have enclosed copies of a valid Kenya Revenue Authority tax compliance certificate, an authenticated Certificate of Incorporation /Business Name Registration and an authenticated County Business Permit.
Applicants are required to submit the following project documents with their application:
- Set of fully approved and authenticated construction drawings
- Geotechnical report (where applicable)
- Service drawings (where applicable)
- Signed contract agreement
- Programme of Works
- A list of workers working on the site, complete with their accreditation numbers from the National Construction Authority
- Approved safety management framework or policy authenticated by a relevant consultant
- All projects submitted for consideration must be ongoing and at least 60% complete
Note: NCA may require additional documentation. After initial examination, the applicant will be required to submit them. If the documentation is found to be unacceptable, the application may be rejected.
1. Under this category, applicants will apply under:
- Best Site Supervisor
- Best Construction Worker (Can apply under the 59 trades as listed in the Occupational Standards Document)
2. A developer, contractor, site supervisor or relevant consultant can nominate a candidate, or the candidate can nominate themselves under this category
3. All applicants for the Fundi of the Year category must.
- Be fully accredited with a valid accreditation card (enclose copy of the same
- Enclose a copy of their national identity card or passport and two passport photos
- Have documentation to attest to technical qualifications, such as technical certificates or trade test certificates from an accredited institution
- Have recommendation letters from three projects previously worked on. The recommendation should be from a registered professional, for example a contractor, architect, construction manager, quantity surveyor or engineer
4. All ‘Best Site Supervisor’ applicants must:
- Have at least two years’ experience, with recommendation letters from a registered professional, for example a contractor, architect, construction manager or engineer and must enclose evidence of the same
- Be engaged on an active construction The site must be fully compliant with NCA quality assurance requirements; due diligence will be done to ascertain ongoing works.
i. Under this category, applicants will apply under:
a. Most Sustainable Project
b. Most Innovative Project
ii. No application shall be accepted for designs carried out by persons who are not registered professionals
iii. All projects submitted should have been registered by NCA. An NCA compliance certificate should be enclosed
iv. Applicants must ensure they have attached copies of all relevant authenticated statutory approvals
v. Applicants are required to submit the following project document with their application:
a. Set of fully approved and authenticated construction drawings
b. Geotechnical report (where applicable)
c. Service drawings (where applicable)
d. Signed contract agreement
e. Programme of Works
f. A list of workers working on the site, complete with their accreditation numbers from the National Construction Authority
g. Approved safety management framework or policy authenticated by a relevant consultant
h. All projects submitted for consideration must be ongoing and atleast 60% complete
vi. Individual application forms will be filled in for each project submitted, if the submissions are more than one.