Renewal of Practicing License
All contractors are required to renew their practicing licenses annually during the renewal period that typically falls towards the close of the government financial year in June.
In order to submit a renewal application, contractors are required to have attended at least one continuous professional development (CPD) training in that financial year as stated in the NCA Regulations 2014, below:
‘In each year during which a contractor holds a licence, the contractor or, in the case of a firm or company, the partner or director who possesses technical qualifications, skills or experience shall attend at least one Continuous Professional Development event recognized by the Authority and the Authority shall consider the attendances while determining an application to renew or upgrade the Contractor.’
Upon attendance the firm will then be awarded ten (10) CPD points and will then be able to successfully submit a renewal application at the designated time.
These are the steps to renew your practicing license:
- Visit our website; nca.go.ke
- On the website home page, click on ‘Contractors’ then ‘Renewal of Practicing License’ and finally ‘License Renewal Portal’
- Log into your account with the national ID/passport number and password used during the registration process.
- To reset your password, click on “Forgot your password?” and key in the log in credentials that you had registered with.
- Click “Send Password”.
- A new password will be sent to the phone number and email address registered under your account.
- Click on ‘Renewals’ then ‘Renewal of Practicing License’.
- Enter your NCA registration number and click ‘Load Licenses’.
- Click ‘Proceed’ and submit information and documentation that will be requested
- Note: Contractors who have NOT registered and attended a CPD training will NOT be able to proceed.
- Upon approval of the online renewal application, an invoice will be generated on your application’s status page.
- Click ‘Proceed to make payments’ under the contractor registration payment status section on your status page.
- Choose your preferred payment method and proceed to make payment. The system will verify the E-Citizen payment immediately
- Upon successful payment, the NCA license and certificate will be made available instantly for download.
- Click ‘Generate’ to view your NCA certificate(s) and annual practicing license(s). Then select ‘My Licenses/Certificates’ to download them